Mark Your Calendars now for the Garner Area Mini Cuboree
2908 Optimist Farm Road, Apex
October 10-12, 2014
More information to come.
1. Parent Planning Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:15PM in the Webelos II Den Room. Please come!
2. Leader Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:15PM in Webelos II Den Room. This meeting is open to parents as well!
3. Recruitment – Flyers are printed and ready to be distributed! As you are able to reach out to potential boy scouts invite them to the Cub Fun Day planned for new scouts and boys interested in finding out more information. Join the Cub Fun Day on Saturday, September 6th at Optimist Farm in Apex 9am-3pm. Pack 392 will host the Pinewood Derby Track again this year. This is a free event includes, Pinewood Derby Track, Water Rockets, Archery Range, BB Gun Range and other fun activities. Concession stand will offer a lunch consisting of a Hot Dog, Chips and Bottled water for $3.00.
4. Occoneechee Council has designated Wednesday, September 3rd as "Wear Your Boy Scout Uniform to School Day". Let’s show our scout pride and participate. Encourage your son to wear his Class A uniform!
5. Lowes Foods, Garner has asked our Pack to help collect back to school supplies to fill backbacks for the BackPack Buddy Program. The grocery store will supply the backpack. The manager at Lowes Foods knows us pretty well from our Scouting for Food efforts last spring. Let’s help Lowes Foods of Garner with their efforts for the backpack buddy program. If you can spare a few back to school supplies (and snacks are also accepted to fill the backpacks)! Bring items that you can donate on August 26th to the Rain Gutter Regatta. Thank YOU!
6. See you Tuesday, August 26th 6:45PM-8:00PM for our Kick-Off to the New Scouting Year. We will have a Rain Gutter Regatta and Ice Cream Social!
* Wear Class B t-shirt
* Bring recycled goods that can be used to make our boats float. Some suggestions are: Hulls: juices boxes, slabs of foam insulation, foam trays, 8-ounce water bottles,
20-ounce soda bottles, capri sun pouches, popsicle sticks (to create a raft design) Masts: straws, skewers, small dowels, pencils. Sails: construction paper, index cards cut-up cereal boxes small chip bags Things that don't work: newsprint and other materials that can get waterlogged.
* Bring School Supplies for Lowes Foods "BackPack Buddy Program"
* Bring an Ice Cream Topping to share
* Invite a Friend!
7. Our first regular Den Meeting is Tuesday, September 2nd at 7PM. Reminder: Leaders and scouts are asked to be in your Class A uniform each week from your waist up unless you are instructed otherwise by your leader.
8. First Pack meeting is Tuesday, September 16th at 7PM – Boys will be recognized for meeting summer activities for beltloop and pins. Also for boys that were not able to officially crossover to their next rank at the end of year campout will be recognized as well.
Summertime Activities: Remember when a scout participates in 1 summertime activity per month in June, July & August they earn a summertime pin. Since our family calendars fill up so quickly, our hope is that you can attend at least one activity. We will keep track of attendance for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact MelindaRemaley@outlook.com or 919-422-3598.
Friday - Sunday, June 6-8 - Annual Camp and Crossover Ceremony - Kerr Lake
Saturday, June 21st - Durham Bulls vs. Syracuse Chiefs - 7:05 p.m. --Tickets $9.00 each - pre-game parade at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 12th - Flag Football - Lake Benson Park - 1O:00-12:00
Tuesday, July 22nd - Board Game Night - Church Fellowship Hall -- 7:00-8:30
Saturday, August 9th - Geo-Caching - at the Church 10:00-12:00
Tuesday, August 26th - Rain Gutter Regatta "Kick-off" to new scouting year 6:45-8:00 church parking lot -- ice cream sundaes too!
Pack 392 Scouting for Food Drive | Garner Lowes Foods | Aversboro Road | May 3rd | 11:00-4:00
We are scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd from 11:00-4:00 to collect non-perishable food items at the Lowes Food Grocery Store on Aversboro Road in Garner. All collections will be donated to the Garner Community of Hope Food Bank and Garner Area Ministries.
Please sign-up via Sign Up Genius for a 1-hour time slot and we can fill in the vacant slots as we go. We need 4 scouts for each hour. I will monitor what our needs are for shift coverage and keep you posted.
Class A is required.
Please note that year round schools have a snow make-up day. I would like to request traditional students that are not in school to sign up for the morning 1-hour shifts (11:00-1:00) and year round students will hopefully take the afternoon time slots (2:00-4:00). If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Black River District Cub Scout Day Camp (Twilight Camp)
Monday-Friday, June 23-27, 2014 - American Legion in Fuquay-Varina
$125 per scout -- volunteers are needed.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 5th (9:00 AM) ALS Triangle Walk, Dowtown Raleigh
Please contact Mr. Clay, Pack Cubmaster to sign up. Assistance will be needed to hand out bottles of water, assist people with disabilities that may be in a wheelchair and Webelos I and Arrow of Light are requested to lead the color guard. You may sign up to walk with a team as well and Mr. Clay will share more details soon.
Blue and Gold Celebration, Saturday, February 22nd 11:00-2:00, Church Fellowship Hall, Carnival Theme - Come to celebrate the birthday of scouts with great food, games and prizes. It's a Free event for the entire family. Bring a potential scout to earn extra prizes. Please contact Ms. Ginnifer (Nathan's Mom) to volunteer. We need all parents.
Garner Christmas Parade - Saturday, December 7th - Line up at 12:00 and more information will be forthcoming. Please bring lots of candy at the den meeting on December 3rd. We need a lot of candy to get through the entire parade.
Pack Holiday Potluck - Tuesday, December 17th at 6:45 p.m. Please remember to sign up to bring your best dish, dessert and beverage.
October 22nd - Order Forms & Money due (order forms are due for placed orders any popcorn that you checked out the money is due or any undamaged popcorn can be returned to inventory
October 26th - Popcorn Sale Offically Ends
November 12th - Popcorn orders will be available for pick-up
November 19th - Money Due from placed orders (LAST DATE)
January 28th - Tentative date for Popcorn Prizes from Trail's End
LAKE BENSON CAMPOUT 9/20/2013 – 9/21/2013
5:00pm SET UP
DUSK – DESSERT
11:00am BREAK CAMP
Please RSVP to MelindaRemaley@outlook.com
May 31-June 2
End of Year Crossover Camp
Durham Bulls Game
Independence Day Celebration
Lake Benson Park – Free Event
Buffaloe Road Aquatics Center, Raleigh
Scouts are covered by the Pack. There will be a charge for parents & siblings at the door.
Bike Safety Program & Bike Rodeo
Garner Police Department – Free Event
9:00-11:00 – Timber Drive Elementary School
1601 Timber Drive, Garner
Rain Gutter Regatta & Ice Cream Social
6:30 – 8:00 - At the church
Attend one summertime activity each month during June, July & August and scouts will receive a summertime pin. Our summer calendars fill up fast with things outside from scouts so hopefully with two events scheduled per month you can make it to one.